Thursday, May 8, 2014

New Happenings! New Tuts!

Hi, all!  I know, I know, I did it again.  Honestly, it's too taxing on the brain to remember to keep up with all the social media out there but I do love this blog.  I'll try to be more verbose in future.  Buckle up, I have lots to share!

So, I've totally managed to skip April but wow, was it a busy month!  I got back into the metals studio and made a lovely (and huge) pendant as an ode to Calcifer, a flame from Howl's Moving Castle by Hayao Miyazaki.  It's an anime.  Gotta love it!




Where did I get the gorgeous flame agate stone?  Why, from my first ever rock and gem show, that's where!  :)  In April I teamed up with my friends Bethany and Eliza and went on my first ever road trip!  I was a Nervous Nelly, knitting in the back seat so I couldn't see Beth's crazy driving!  We had a blast and I'm so glad they talked me into coming!  Here's a huge crystal we saw there!  The vendor offered to let me hold it but I was afraid of dropping it so I took a photo of him holding it instead.


Oh, the beads we saw!  Beads everywhere!


And that's nothing!  The very next weekend we three went to ANOTHER bead show!  We spent so much money.  Here's my haul:


I went for pearls mostly (crystal pearls in an oblong shape) but I got a few great, huge focal pieces and some crystals to boot!  It was a great weekend and we had a blast.  I just love my beady gremlins!

What else?  Hmm... I remade my Hortus pattern in eye-pleasing spring colors!  I used neon blue Super Duos that look like velvet.  I love them so much!  I paired them with yummy apple green and pale blue Super Duos.  It's amazing what color can do!  Click the picture to see it in my shop!

 Hortus bracelet in my ArtFire studio

We also got a new puppy!  Her name is Daisy, despite what my hubby calls her (Nugget?  really?)  and she is fast friends with Coco, our other dog.  They loved each other the day they met and they've been friends ever since.  Daisy is a Chihuahua puppy and boy, is she a spunky little thing!!



The kids were so happy to see her.  I surprised them when they got home from school.

I made a few new tutorials!  Mitzi is a bracelet I designed for my friend Mitzi (see what I did there?)   It uses Czechmate tiles and Super Duos.  :)  Click the photo to see it in my shop!


I just finished my Ruda pendant tutorial.  It's a big-'un!  I designed this one for my friend Ruda (I'm so easy to figure out, no?).  Just for kicks, I designed it in two sizes.  :)  Clicky picky!


What's next on my plate?  I will be writing my newest tut on new software because my current software is giving me issues (freezing up, losing my hard work, instability) and it will be my Ginger earrings!  Here is a preview photo, and it's based on my Hortus bracelet pattern.  I got the idea while teaching a Hortus class in April.  My student, Ginger, used a gorgeous colorway of pinks and green and I loved it so much I designed the earrings using her colors and named it after her.

Coming soon!!!
Also coming soon is my beaded bead design using a wooden oval bead.  It looks like an Easter egg but that's coincidental.

Coming soon!!!

Also on the roster are a beaded button pendant, some Christmas ornaments, some new bracelets... the work never ends.  What are you up to?

Hoping you are well,  ~Val


2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you've been VERY busy!! I'm an avid "road tripper" and am happy for you to have one under your belt :) Great finds at the bead show, that must've been a blast!

    I'm loving the colors you used in your Hortus pattern. I've been wondering about those neon colors in the Super Duos - as I haven't been brave enough to try them yet, they look gorgeous in this piece!

    It looks like I'll need to pay your shop a visit, I'm totally in love with your new "Mitzy' design and will be looking forward to "Ginger's" debut as well!

    Thanks for the wonderful blog, you're a hardworking lady and I appreciate all that you do!

    Big hugs,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, thank you! I appreciate it so much! <3

    ReplyDelete